CARLSBAD, CA (March 23, 2018) – Stone Brewing and Nutista Authentic Stoneground Nutbutters announce their collaboration to create distinctive nutbutters inspired by Stone’s big-character craft beers. A relatively new company, Nutista is a passion project of Tristen Cross, John Huber and Stone Brewing co-founder Greg Koch.
“At Stone Brewing we’ve not only long been passionate about pushing the boundaries of craft beer, but also collaborating with a variety of artisanal producers of food and beverage. This has certainly led us down some very interesting roads,” said Koch. “The same kind of passion for creativity, authenticity and quality we’ve employed at Stone over the years has been the foundation for the creation of Nutista Authentic Stoneground Nutbutters. The teams at both companies share an intense love of experimentation and aren’t afraid to defy convention. This synergy has me really inspired.”
Kicking off the lineup of Nutista Collaborations is a special nutbutter blend inspired by Stone’s latest special release beer, Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout. The Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout Stoneground Nutbutter utilizes an incredible array of ingredients both inspired by and used in the beer. These include Belizian cacao, coffee and a blend of golden, medium, and black roasted brewers barley malt. The result is decadent and simply amazing.
The nutbutter is extremely dense, complex and indulgent. It boasts strong upfront flavors of bittersweet cacao and roasted coffee with hints of malty sweetness, rich roasted nuts and barley in the background that adds an extra layer of depth. The result is both deeply flavorful yet ethereal.
The Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout Stoneground Nutbutter launches in March alongside the release of Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout. The nutbutters can be found at all Stone Company Stores. Fans nationwide can also find them at nutista.com and shop.stonebrewing.com. The tasty blend contains 100% natural ingredients, with no added sugars or oils - or as Nutista likes to say, “nuttin’ else.”
Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout will be available to the populace as a rationed release (for a limited time, that is) in 12oz six-pack bottles, 22oz bottles and draft beginning this week. find.stonebrewing.com.
Nutista offers a core lineup of three nutbutter blends:
- The Nut Job – Four classic nuts in an incredible blend: Raw cashew, sprouted almond, dry roasted peanut and Elliot pecan
- The Mountie – The same four nuts as the Nut Job with real maple from New England
- The Monkey King – Made with real bananas and roasted peanuts, a classic flavor
Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout Authentic Stoneground Nutbutter
- Appearance: Dark and dense, ideal for spreading or scooping
- Aroma: Intensely aromatic with rich cacao and coffee dominating, followed by sweet notes of roasted nuts and malt, with a hint of roasted barley
- Taste: This is an extremely dense, complex, and decadent nutbutter. There are strong upfront flavors of bittersweet cacao and roasted coffee with hints of malty sweetness, rich roasted nuts, and barley in the background that add an extra layer of depth.
- Overall: This blend is every bit heavy as it is ethereal. With a velvety mouthfeel, this decadent blend leaves you craving just one more bite.
Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout
- Appearance: Pitch black, beautiful creamy brown head
- Aroma: Dark chocolate, espresso, dark fruit and hints of roasted malt
- Taste: Rich dark chocolate, black currant, graham cracker and marshmallow notes
- Palate: Smooth and silky with a long-lasting finish
- Overall: Stone Imperial Russian Stout has been a much anticipated special release over the years. In 2017, we took a year off from releasing this amazing beer, causing some to worry that this was the end of an era. But in 2018, this deep, dark stout returns as big as ever and with a few upgrades. We added flaked oats for a smooth mouth feel and Belma hops, which round out the dark fruit component, providing an ever so slight hop edge.
About Nutista Authentic Stoneground Nutbutters
Say: /nuh•tea'•stah/n. Experts in all things nutty, on a mission to make nuts more fun and accessible for all. Ingredients are thoughtfully sourced and artfully crafted in Carlsbad, CA. Nutista was born in 2017 by cofounders Tristen Cross, John Huber and Greg Koch. For more information on Nutista Authentic Stoneground Nutbutters, visit Nutista.com or the company’s social media sites via @nutista on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
About Stone Brewing
Founded by Greg Koch and Steve Wagner in 1996, the groundbreaking San Diego-based Stone Brewing is the 8th largest craft brewer in the United States. Recognized as an award-winning, industry leader, Stone has been listed on the Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies list 12 times, has been called the “All-time Top Brewery on Planet Earth” by BeerAdvocate magazine twice. The multifaceted company is the first American craft brewer to independently build, own and operate their own brewery in Europe (Berlin, Germany), and also opened a production brewery in Richmond, Virginia in 2016. Known for its bold, flavorful and largely hop-centric beers, Stone has earned a reputation for brewing outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, philanthropy and the art of brewing…and pledging never, ever, sell out to the man. For more information on Stone Brewing, please visit stonebrewing.com or the company’s social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.